Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Club Trip 2015

stevedepport's picture
on Mon, 30/06/2014 - 08:57

I have provisionally booked the farmhouse & bunkhouse again for Friday 26th and Saturday 27th June 2015!

I need to pay a £300 deposit to secure the booking.

After keeping the cost at £50 for two years it will need to go up to £60.

Monies to the shop or Paypal steve.depport@blueyonder.co.uk.

So far. so good, just make it easy for me by committing early and paying up.

The only difficult part will then be making sure we get the same weather.

stevedepport's picture

Already had the first payment from Craig, thanks for the support.

Who else is coming?

danmon_81's picture

i dont plan on anymore kids so i might be in for this one!!!

D N A's picture

Steve after a fantastic trip this year, I'm fully signed up for next years. I've sent you the money via PayPal. Thanks once again.

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

craig s's picture

Steve, does that mean you, me and Dave get first choice of beds?

D N A's picture

I'm hoping Rick Tinker Taylor works his 'magic' with the bar maids from the hotel and we put that new hot tub to use!!!!! ;)

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

stevedepport's picture

laughLOL

Knowing how Ed works, the hot tub might not be finished but he might have built a bowling alley or something instead.

stevedepport's picture

I have had three people pay up, thanks to Craig, Dave and Andy but I need to pay a £300 pound deposit to hold th booking. Who else is ready to pay up? You can use Paypal or drop the money off at the shop.

Thanking you in anticipation of a flood of paymentsyes

D N A's picture

Latest post affects the Facebook page Steve.

stevedepport's picture

I have still only got three takers so far, with myself thats four, which means I am still short of the £300 I need for the deposit. You don't have to dig very deep, £60 secures your place.

Cathy Jenkins's picture

Hi Steve, I have just dropped £60 into the shop at John's request, he'd like to go to Bala

Thanks Cathy

buejcoll's picture

Steve I'll pay thru paypal again. should come thru in next few days.

stevedepport's picture

Thanks for the taking this up, Steve Francis has also committed for next year as well.

Still need as many as possible to take this up early and reduce my stress levelswink

stevedepport's picture

The £300 deposit has now been paid.

So far we have 9 takers - Craig Sneddon, Dave Atkinson, Jonathon Collins, John Jenkins, Andy Disley, Kev Murphy, Ste Francis, Kev White and of course me cool

Filling up much faster than last year, don't leave it too late, pay up and secure your place nowbroken heart

D N A's picture

Steve, your latest update and a gentle reminder posted on Facebook for everyone to see and hopefully commit.

James Edge's picture

All paid up for next year, :) yes

stevedepport's picture

Right, that is 10 takers so far. We max out at 26 riders, so make sure you get your place.

Drop £60 in at the shop or use PayPal to steve.depport@blueyonder.co.uk

The price will get you two nights bed & breakfast and maybe the odd drink too!

D N A's picture

Johnny Lynch now paid up and committed for the trip next year. Trying my hardest to motivate people on Facebook lol for Steve D. Awesome weekend away to look forward to, come on people show Steve your money!!!!

stevedepport's picture

Mark Titchenor has also paid up for 2015, so that is 12 so faryes

Still up to 14 more spaces left at the moment, show me the money and one of them is yours.

stevedepport's picture

Darren has now paid up so that is 13 riders and counting...........

Paul H's picture

Hi Steve, after speaking to a few of the lads from last years trip I really fancy this one. Got the pass from her in-doors so I'll drop the money at the shop ASAP. Do you want the cash or a cheque? Paul H
stevedepport's picture

Cash is easier.

That's 14 takers so far with 9 months to go yet, book your place or you might be unlucky.

Paul H's picture

Hi Steve,

Money dropped off at the shop for the Bala trip. Can't wait. 

Paul Hargraves

stevedepport's picture

Up to today we have 14 takers - Craig Sneddon, Dave Atkinson, Jonathon Collins, John Jenkins, Andy Disley, Kev Murphy, Ste Francis(still owe £10), Kev White(still owe £10), James Edge, John Lynch, Mark Titchenor(still owe £10), Darren Prout, Paul Hargraves and of course me coolangel

That leaves only 12 places up for grabs, if you are not quick you might miss outcryingno

Ian Gallagher's picture

Steve, sent payment thro' paypal this evening cheers for organising! yes

stevedepport's picture

Got it Ian, that makes 15 takers.

Just 11 places left....................

stevedepport's picture

Paul Bolton has paid up, that's 16 riders now, 10 spaces left.

stevedepport's picture

Now that Christmas is out of the way it's time to organise your riding and events for 2015. This is one you shouldn't miss.

The club trip to Bala is on 26/27th June to Foel Ortho

http://www.farmhouseinwales.com/

Self catering it will cost you £60 for 2 nights accomodation and will also pay for breakfast and probably a drink or two. Where else will you get an offer like that?

Arrive Friday, some people do go for a short ride in the afternoon as well. The majority will arrive Friday after work and we all go to a local pub for a meal/drink

There will be a variety of routes planned for Saturday & Sunday, we have always split into two groups in previous years.

Saturday night will be the pub again for meal/drinks, possibly after some live entertainment from the farmhouse owners. The pub is part of Lake Vyrnwy Hotel http://www.lakevyrnwy.com/tavern-bistro.html

Sunday  will be a morning ride to give everyone time to be home for a reasonable hour.

Drop your money off at the shop or cough up via PayPal steve.depport@blueyonder.co.uk

Remember, only 10 places left.

stevedepport's picture

Mark Hope signed up, 9 places leftyes

D N A's picture

Steve, Les and Sue have confirmed via Facebook, monies will be with your good self by the end of the week.

D N A's picture

Think Emma Newton-Thorpe has confirmed payment with yourself Steve. Rhiann Williams and partner are a possible as well, I've directed her your way!

stevedepport's picture

Emma has paid up via PayPal, thanks very much.

We will reserve rooms for couples and boys of the female persuasionsmiley Everyone else is on a first come, first served basis.

Six spaces left, if you are still thinking about it you are going to miss out!

stevedepport's picture

Rhian & Steve Williams have paid and so has Steve Kernighan.

Only 3 places left

Stop thinking about it, you will miss out, do it now!

D N A's picture

Chris Holden is coming to Bala!! He has confirmed on Facebook Steve, he'll ring you in the morning to sort out payment etc...

stevedepport's picture

John Jones has paid up at the shop, so there is just one place left.

stevedepport's picture

Sarah Fitzpatrick has paid up via PayPal so the trip is now full, thanks to everyone for supporting it and paying up so earlyyes

If anyone is still interested I can keep a list of reserves in case anyone has to change their plans. Just let me know.smiley

stevedepport's picture

Thanks to Dave for bringing this back to everyone's attention. (Shame that the details are on the 2014 Club Trip thread!)no

The trip is full but I can guarantee that someone will have to drop out before June. The only way they can get their money back is if someone else takes up their place so a reserve list will be very useful.

I have already heard from John Hesketh and Kev Bellion who would both like to go and I may be able to fit them in without anybody dropping out. I am just waiting for Ed at the farmhouse to get back to me. If we can accomodate them then that means there is nobody on a reserve list.

Having had a few chats already with various people about routes, one thing was very clear. We have to include the Bwlch y Groes on the Saturday. If you have climbed it, you will understand why. If you haven't climbed it, then it is a MUST to climb.

If you want to go on the reserve list, please let me know...........yes

stevedepport's picture

It was not John Hesketh but John Doyle who asked about going. So that is John Doyle & Kev Bellion.

Hopefully I will hear back from Ed at the farmhouse tonight.

Sportinjuryphil's picture

I've landed some work at the National RR the same week, meaning I'll be sacrificing my place on the club weekend (sad face) So my place is up for grabs!

stevedepport's picture

John Doyle is going to take Phils place.

I think there are still some conversations around about riders wanting to go on this trip. If you do, put your name forward as soon as you can. There are bound to be other people who have to drop out and I can possibly fit another two in anyway.

If you want to go, let me knowyes

stevedepport's picture

John Doyle has had to give his apolgies but he is double booked. Kev Bellion has confirmed he will take Phils place so I have asked him to drop £60 off at the shop for Phil to collect.

Is there anyone else who is wants to go or wants to put themselves down as a reserve? I should still be able to fit in a couple more riders yet.

stevedepport's picture

Arrival - we can check in from 4pm Friday 26th. Rooms are on a first come, first served basis, with a few exceptions. There are a few double beds so bring a sleeping bag to keep yourself pure. The only exceptions are the rooms that are pre-booked, the Master Bedroom Suite(Les & Sue Greene), the East Wing Bedroom (Rhian & Steve Williams) and the Baronial Bedroom (Emma Brain & Sarah Fitzpatrick). http://www.farmhouseinwales.com/

The Bunkhouse has plenty of mattresses but bring your own pillow if you want one.

Parking was a bit tight last year as so many people turned up alone. Car sharing helps or we might have to park some cars at the top of the lane.

Departure - we need to be out by 10am Sunday 22nd.

Meals - I will provide all the basics for breakfast including eggs, bacon, bread, tea, coffee, cereals, milk, bananas ( as in loads of), jam, honey and whatever else takes my fancy. I have booked the Tavern Bistro at Lake Vyrnwy hotel for 7.30pm both nights. http://www.lakevyrnwy.com/index.html

stevedepport's picture

I have planned 2 route options for Saturday and two for Sunday, please load them onto your Garmins or whatever else you have. The plan for Saturday is for both groups to tackle the Bwlch y groes. Both Sunday routes start and finish in Bala. (We will meet at the car park next to the fire station). It would be good to set off at 9am Saturday and to be in Bala on Sunday ready to set off 10/10.30am.

I will post the Sunday routes later.

Bwlch from Foel A, 74miles, 6,925ft - cafe stop at Machinations, Llanbrynmair (28m) then Bala (55m)

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_3859801.html

Bwlch B 61miles, 6,219ft - cafe stop at Merrion Mill (just before Dinas Mawddwy 25m) then Bala (42m)

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_3869846.html

There are now 26 riders which means the trip is full. There are still two ways you can take part. Firstly, you can come out and join us either day for a great day out. If you are doing this please let me know you are going.

Secondly, there is the Tree House available at the farm that sleeps two people but would cost £150 for the 2 nights. If there are 2 people who want this I can book it on your behalf.

My work here is nearly complete, just a couple of routes for the Sunday to sort.

See you there.

D N A's picture

Steve I've copied the above updates on to the Facebook thread. Looking forward to it.

D N A's picture

Steve not sure if you're aware. Rachael Disley and her boyfriend are joining us, they have booked the treehouse. Just been notified by her on Facebook.

stevedepport's picture

Thanks Dave I wasn't aware. That makes a total of 28 for the trip.

D N A's picture

I'll bring the twister board!!!!

stevedepport's picture

Having problems with the spam filter so have split this message to see if it works!

Planned a few routes for Sunday.

A 40 m loop from Bala for the A group with 3,554ft of climbing, an anti clockwise loop.http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4103685.html

A 34m loop from Bala clockwise with 3,188ft of climbing. The B group might want to use this, it is part of the same route but the opposite direction. http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_3861552.html

stevedepport's picture

If the B group want to use the longer route it runs on this map clockwise which would stop the group being too big if A and B combined. http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4103693.html

Download the routes and get ready to enjoy.

I would suggest both groups end up with a cafe stop on the return to Bala. There are a few cafes and pubs plus a cafe in the sports centre at the south of the town nearer the lake.

I think everything is done, see you there.yes

My contact number in case of any queries or issues is 07753 496966.

D N A's picture

Steve, John Jones has put his place up for grabs as he can no longer go. He's mentioned it on Facebook. I've advised him to make contact with yourself. 

stevedepport's picture

There is a place up for grabs if there are any last minute takers? £60 secures yo a great weekends cycling and twister!

Pages

Post new comment