Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Club Trip 2015

stevedepport's picture
on Mon, 30/06/2014 - 08:57

I have provisionally booked the farmhouse & bunkhouse again for Friday 26th and Saturday 27th June 2015!

I need to pay a £300 deposit to secure the booking.

After keeping the cost at £50 for two years it will need to go up to £60.

Monies to the shop or Paypal steve.depport@blueyonder.co.uk.

So far. so good, just make it easy for me by committing early and paying up.

The only difficult part will then be making sure we get the same weather.

stevedepport's picture

There is still a spare place for any last minute takers?

I am taking Steve Kernighan in my car so have space for another rider if anyone needs transport. I was hoping to leave at12noon and get there for about 2pm to sort out the food, etc. Let me know if you want a lift.

stevedepport's picture

stevedepport's picture

Tried to put all three options on but triggered the spam filter so here are the two longer routes.

Bala A 40m anticlockwise 3,554ft

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4103685.html

Bala B 40m clockwise 3,554ft

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4103693.html

stevedepport's picture

Final shorter route.

Bala 34m clockwise 3,188ft

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_3861552.html

Please use these final route postings if you are downloading them.

Plus a reminder, there is still a spare place up for grabs!

stevedepport's picture

There are three bedrooms booked for the two married couples and the two unaccompanied girls. I am also reserving on of the double beds in the Blue Bedroom for Kev Murphy (due to a back problem for which he has produced the requisite note from his mum). He has offered to share one of the double beds in that room with Chris Holden, top and tail to preserve their modesty.

stevedepport's picture

There is still one place up for grabs as John Jones definitely can't make it. Are there any takers out there? Do you know someone who would like to, or you think, should come? Encourage them to grab this place asap.

All you have to do is drop £60 at the shop for John to collect and his place is yours.

Spread the word, there must be someone who is going to miss out!

D N A's picture

Is anybody who isn't staying looking to come across for the day either on Saturday or Sunday?? It would be handy to know to make sure we don't miss anybody. 

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

Mark Hope's picture

Don't suppose anyone has a spare place in transport for bike and me, leaving late afternoon on Friday?After a change of car I've no roofbars otherwise I would have offered others a ride. 

No problem if not, I'll drive myself with the bike in the boot/back seats. Alternatively, can give someone else a ride if they can have their bike transported by someone else.

stevedepport's picture

Did you leave either of the following?

Charger for an i-Phone 5 in the farmhouse kitchen.

A carrier bag with teabags, rice, tuna, etc plus a couple of tupperware boxes, EPO, steriods, etc. Kidding about the drugs.......or am I?

I have got them, let me know.

stevedepport's picture

The big number from Saturdays musical soiree, special appearance from Ste 'Animal' Francis!

https://youtu.be/fbdz6psBo90

stevedepport's picture

A great weekend away, too many things to remember but here are a few bullet points for those who were there, feel free to add your own!

FRIDAY - Riders cycling from Chester, a boozy Friday lunch ride around the lake including a near KOM, a bottle of vodka before dinner, £40 to eat a jar of mustard, shots with water in them, a permanent marker pen,

SATURDAY - Kev being up early and alive for breakfast, Mark H two falls before the start, a puncture, a split tyre and a snapped chain in the first hour, a great sprint for Machinations, calves too big for bottle cages, tension up to the Bwlch/Bollicky/Bunty Groes/Gross, Darren KOM but was he, lots of boys chicked, a Chris H wheelie, fast descent and a sprint for Bala, meeting the B group leaving, fags & Strongbow,Hirnant, sprint around Vyrnwy, sprint to the farmhouse and missed turnings, Chris H and tubs !$%x*!, £120 booze, Ed & Jen soiree, Ste 'Animal' F, hot tubs, cheeky Vimto, £45 vodka and 10k of ice in a bin bag, chinning weights, fireworks, the marker pen again, wi fi Strava addicts, KOM revealed, Sarah QOM nationally.

SUNDAY - rain and mass fry ups.

And the come back of the year so far "I will tell the chef, more meatballs for the fat boy".yes

D N A's picture

Steve, a top top weekend. Thanks once again fir all your hard work and organisation. When shall we start banging the drum for 2016 lol!!!

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

andrewdisley's picture

Another great sucess, thanks for organising again. Looking forward to next year already!

stevedepport's picture

If you have got any pics from the club trip can you send them to -

photography@danmonaghan.co.uk

If you can send them through in zips or bundled together it would help Dan. He is very busy at the moment but will upload them to the club site as soon as he can.

stevedepport's picture

After paying for the accomodation, £135 on food (not all on bananas) and £100 for booze there was a grand total of £20 left in the kitty. I will donate this to Help fo Heroes to support Dave Sims.

Thanks for all the messages of thanks and your support............2016 is on the way.yes

stevedepport's picture

I was very surprised at the Club Meeting last night with the collection that had been taken up for me to thank me for organising the Bala trip (not Wild Wales!).

The club runs on a voluntary basis, if any of you have been in a more traditional cycling club before you will appreciate how devisive things like annual subscriptions, treasurers, etc can be. Everyone who steps forward to help the club, does so because they want to contribute, from leading a ride to organising the club dinner and everything in between. More volunteers who want to contribute are always welcome.

The personal thanks everyone gives after the club trip and seeing that everyone has had a great time, are thanks enough. The gift last night was very touching and I appreciate the gesture and particularly the effort that went into collecting it. After all, I know how hard it can be to get money out of some of you!wink

I hope you will understand and not be offended in any way if I say that it was too much. A thank you, a cup of coffee, a piece of cake is more than enough. With this in mind I have treated myself to a nice coffee and a danish on the way to work this morning. They were delicious, thank you all for treating me.

The rest of the money I have split between two charities that club members have supported with their efforts this year. Firstly, Dave Sims has been raising money for Help for Heroes, a charity that I have raised money for myself in the past. I have donated half of the money in the name of those on the HMCC Bala trip. http://www.bmycharity.com/DavidSims

The other half I have donated to Headway, in support of Steve Hodge who has raised money through attempting LEJOGLE and is shortly to make another World Record Attempt at C2C2C. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=HeadwayLEJOGLErecordattempt&pageUrl=2  You can follow his latest WRA on Twitter @c2c2cWRA

The Club trip for 2016 is already on the forum. The best way to help me out is to book yourself on it now. The sooner the trip is booked up, the less I have to worry about it.

Please take this next comment the right way too. I am happy to volunteer and support the club, I don't expect appreciation in a monetary way, so please don't have a collection for me in future. The odd cup of coffee and a cake are always appreciated but if you all do it I will suspect a plot to slow me down on the hills with the HMCC Annual Hillclimb on the horizon!!cheeky

Thanks again, two good charities have benefitted and I enjoyed my journey to work more than usual.yes

Pages

Post new comment