Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

A group ride - made up on the way- 27/04/14

simonsaunders's picture
on Sun, 27/04/2014 - 19:22
Forums: 

I can't concoct a Chinook like epic, probably as i have other stuff to do like loading the dishwasher. A group- maybe 16 or so-  of riders headed off up Ruff lane, mildly in pursuit of the Hooligan group. Descended School Lane and onwards to Beacon Lane. Instead of the full climb we descended to Lees Lane and then drifted across and climbed through the housing estate to the BP- Wiggo crash junction.

From there followed the road down to Moor Pit Lane and the climb up to Haigh, before descending to Blackrod and then gradually looping round via Charnock Richard towards Mawdsley.

Some strong riding had been shown throughout by various members of the group, praticularly Charlie Critchley who danced off up the hills.

Titch(on a recovery ride) and Charlotte led us back to Mawdsley before the pace picked up on the approach to the café. Charlie jumped at the right hand turn after the little humpbacked bridge, which meant few chasers, so he took the Green Jersey.

Lovely warm outside coffee and cake- the remenants of the Hooligans and Steve W B groupers were already there enjoying the warmth.

Spilt groups home, some taking Hoscar Moss, others Curlew Lane, but with the back wind it was a very pleasant and speedy ride home.

Great company as usual. and a very enjoyable ride. 50 miles for me as I tagged on a few to make the distance.

Strava gubbins here - http://www.strava.com/activities/134822992

willow71uk's picture

Good ride Simon i enjoyed it mostly. Having not been out much lately i did struggle with a few of the hills and i stayed with Charlotte who was struggling. I did the little divert with Mark T and Charlotte and we was eventually caught at Camelot.

Post new comment