Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Alt A ride 15/2/15

mr_poll's picture
on Thu, 12/02/2015 - 13:48
simonsaunders's picture

A great route by Neil, ridden by 10 committed riders- why more didn't choose this ride at the shop I'm not sure- setting off the road to hell that is Dark Lane. Whilst we were catching the B group, we were passed by the Race Group.Neil steered us off the main road, but to the Ring o Bells junction from the other direction. Onwards towards Bispham and then out to Pepper Lane, heading slowly, but inevitibly to Chorley Old Road. All ten rose to the challenge admirably, and rode from the bottom to the top and beyond to the Bob Smithy pub.Time for a brief chinwag and banana, before we moved on towards Belmont, crossing it frmo the Belmont side. We paused at car-park corner for a re-group and met with some of the splinter arm  of Matt's B group ride. I'm not sure what happened on that ride, but there was talk of mechanicals and hills; i'm sure someone will fill in the details

It could prompt me to argue once again more evenly sized groups - there are quite a few people who can lead nowadays. It helps to get out of your comfort zone, by riding harder occasiuonally, but also to step down and ride recovery and help another group.Lets not be so en-siloed people!

Clearing Belmont, there was no intention of a cafe stop, so the group headed back via Eccleston (for a while we had Andy Hardiman with us??) amd onwards to Mawdsley. Only Mike turned towards the cafe, but i think he was heading home, whilst everyone else carried on to Bispham and then turned for home. We lost a further 2 at the Ring O Bells as they headed up to Pilkingtons, leaving 7 to re-visit Dark lane on the upward route. The pace edged up ever so slightly, but nothing to worry any KOM leaderboards and finished at the shop.

A really enjoyable ride, great route and good company. Might see if i can find some pics to post, the scenery was lovely today!!

Post new comment