Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

100 miler - Sunday 6th April

D N A's picture
on Mon, 31/03/2014 - 13:20
Forums: 
Amazingly (lol) I am wife and kids free next weekend. Hoping to make the most of it and, weather permitting, try and get in a longer ride. I know we all lead busy lives, just wanted to post it early to give people something to think about all week.
stevedepport's picture

Nice idea Dave but I will not be here, hope you get some takers.

D N A's picture

No probs Steve, I thought you may be away. Always the next one.

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

disco dan's picture

If it's dry, im in for sure. Any plans for a route?
D N A's picture

Nothing in mind yet. I'm easy either way. Previous routes or unchartered territory lol. A ton would be nice though either way. Fingers crossed for good weather!

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

disco dan's picture

Just my early thoughts. Any new scenery would be nice, im sure most would agree, south would be good but avoiding the Warrington traffic might be a challenge.
D N A's picture

It's a possible. Across the Runcorn bridge and head out over towards Delamere. Train or ferry back across the pond then a spin home lol. Sounds like a nice Steve Warner B group ride we did last year. ;)

disco dan's picture

Delamere, yes!! Or back via everything east of the M6, Lymm, Birchwood, Croft, Leigh etc, that might take it past a 100 though, which doesnt bother for the record.
SNight's picture

Sounds good. I'd he up for going south again after Mark Titchners ride to Wem before Christmas. Be good if somene did have a set route planned though or a Gps with mapping
simonsaunders's picture

I'd mapped a southern route a few weeks ago. This one is 65 miles as i chopped a bit off on the approach to St Helens, but you could easily extend it if you wanted to.

I'd even checked out and factored in a cofffee stop in Limb. I'd tried to keep the route on less busy roads and there's a nice climb towards Daresbury in south Warrington.

I think i calculated a steady 16.5mph pace and this 65 miler clocks at just about 4 hours without coffee stop.

take a look

http://connect.garmin.com/course/5453543

D N A's picture

Looks a good one, may be worth considering if anyone can upload routes on to a Garmin 810 or similar. Im easy re routes, as long as whatever we do is a long one.

willow71uk's picture

I've been fancying a more Southerly route for a while i'm getting a bit bored doing the same routes week after week.

simonsaunders's picture

I'm happy to take the ride, but i cant'do an all-day ride- my wife and kids will still be at home! So for me i need to be back by 1330 ish.

BTW the weather forecast is crap

D N A's picture

Sounds good Simon. Those of us wanting to chase the miles could always do a longer loop on the way back I suppose

simonsaunders's picture

i'll make a few alterations through St Helens to warrington to avoid the link road- I only used this as it's my commute

D N A's picture

As ever, the weathers not looking the best. I'm probably looking at doing Simons southern route with a few miles pre and post ride to chase the mileage. Hopefully getting back to watch the footy as well ;)

disco dan's picture

Yep, looks like a wet one, I'll be bowing out.
stevedepport's picture

If it is going to be wet Rule#5 applies.

simonsaunders's picture

Undecided about the Southern run tomorrow. It's on my Garmin, but the weather is looking pretty foul.

I'll make a full decision in the morning- I'm not that keen on 5 hours in the rain at 10 degrees with a 20 mph wind. That and the Tour of Flanders is on the telly too.

Post new comment