Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

DATES FOR YOUR DIARY - 2015

mr_poll's picture
on Wed, 21/01/2015 - 13:49

After the success of the rides further afield than West Lancs, a few people have been asking about what plans we have for 2015. I also know some people are looking at targets and sportives for this year and don't want to clash with club events - so here are some (provisional) dates for your diary. For new riders these events are aimed at Race/A & B riders - if you are unsure please ask, we will always wait and keep groups together but these rides are seen as a challenge so expect longer distances / steep hills or both.

• 29th March             Hell of West Lancashire (Mid point of the classics season, prepare for the worst roads, tracks etc - for details ask Dan Monaghan but start buying inner tubes now!)
  • 19th April               Captain Big Day out (100 miles to the trough and back - see post on forum)
  • 17th May               Great Dun Fell (Ste Depport will lead a group up Great Dun Fell)
  • 31st May               HMCC sportive (on sale now - see Vital Events for details)
  • 14th June              South Lakes & Hardknott Pass (I will take a group over one of the toughest climbs in the UK)
  • 21st June              Back to Wem??? (Unconfirmed but possible re-run by Mark Titchener of the shortest day ride, but on the longest day)
  • 27th/28th June       Bala weekend (Ste D's annual Welsh adventure - now sold out - ask Ste about a reserve list)
  • 19th July               Peak District ride (Well recieved last year so I will take a group out again - will include the Cat and Fiddle, probably dodge Mow Cop!)
  • 9th Aug                 Tour de Yorkshire (Ste D will cross the border to ride the roads used on stage 3 of this years Tour of Yorkshire)
  • 30th Aug               Wild Wales Challenge (Not an official club event but getting close to becoming one - annual sportive ran from Bala with a huge HMCC turnout)
  • 6th Sep                 HMCC Race day / Ride of Roses - We will need a good turnout to support the clubs first BC race / Those not volunteering there is bound to be a group of HMCC riders raising money for Clatterbridge 
  • TBC                      Liverpool Century Lancashire Lanes and Prescot Eagle's Ice Cream ride

We know these dates wont suit everyone but hopefully there will be a few on here you can attend and challenge yourself to complete, as long as we get the numbers and the weather isn't dangerous then all of these will run - more details will be posted on the forum over the coming weeks/months or just ask on a Sunday.

D N A's picture

Any thoughts on changing the Wem ride to he Saturday instead of thr Sunday?? As its Father's Day I imagine a lot of people will struggle / burn a lot of cycling credits with the family being out all day. It would be a shame to miss this one as its an epic route. Mark T your thoughts???

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

D N A's picture

Saturday 20th June is good for me Mark. As be fitting to the Pagan time lines as we can make it without doing it on the actual date I guess lol.

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

D N A's picture

How does Saturday 20th June suit everybody else???

Garry Lyon's picture

saturday's are always a bad day for me but hey ho cant please everyone plenty more rides to be had.

Inder's picture

As it's the longest day (more or less) maybe we could make the ride a wee bit longer than the Winter one??!! If not practical we can always add a little extra local loop in as we approach the end. I managed to clock up 151 miles on the December ride would love to get 175+ in this time!

GemWeb's picture

I can make either Sat 20th or Sun 21st June. If you are thinking of changing the weekend completely though I can't do 5th July as I'm doing a C2C2C that whole weekend! I will post details of the C2C2C on here as well in case anyone else fancies that...

Gemma

D N A's picture

Back to Wem?? Mark Titch, ade we sticking to Sat 20th June as it's the closest to the longest day? (Posted on Facebook as well)

Post new comment