Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Wild Wales Challenge - 2015

Matt Middleton - The Captain's picture
on Mon, 29/09/2014 - 20:36
Forums: 

I have received the below email today from the organiser of the Wild Wales Challenge. Please let me have your thoughts.......

Hi Matt, I am e-mailing a number of clubs who have supported this event over the years. As you may know, this year the event was full before the end on January, and while it is nice to know it is so popular, it led to a problem with some club members finding that they could not get a place on the event as it was full.
At the same time, we had a much higher than usual drop-out rate of over 200 riders who had entered but did not show up, resulting in wastage of food, etc. and obviously we could in fact have offered those places to club riders had we known.
For 2015, I want to revise the entry process to ensure that we can repay the loyalty that the clubs have shown us over the years by having a 2 stage process. Stage 1 would be to offer places ONLY to club riders with an extended timeframe to give riders ample time to enter, and stage 2 will be to offer places to all other riders after this point. In other words, regular club riders will get first shout.
To help me with this, it would be really useful to have an estimate from each club as to how many places you would be likely to need. i appreciate you can't give me an accurate figure but a rough idea would be useful.
many thanks
Denis (WWC organiser)

Beefy's picture

I'm planning to ride it next year

Post new comment