Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Longest Day 2016 Update ( To Wem and back)

simonsaunders's picture
on Mon, 04/07/2016 - 20:49

As the day of departure closes in I thought it would be appropriate to post an update on this ride.

Day of Departure - Saturday 9th July

Depart- From the Shop

Time - 0700 - 0710hrs

Everything is still on for the ride. I have included a link for the Garmin Map below, please download it.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/12866318

The Treacle Mine in Wem will be accommodating for lunch, but I do need to confirm numbers for them, so please state if you are definitely attending. There is a limit on this ride of about 16 people.

As mentioned before, the aim is for this to be a fairly steady run aiming for 25-30 km/hr (16-18 mph).

There is a planned stop in Malpas - about 78km in the morning ( this should be about 10-1030hrs) then on to Wem for lunch 105km about 1200hrs.

The afternoon stop is at the Eureka Cafe (164km) about 1500hrs).

Birkenhead (Hamilton Square Station) and the train to Liverpool James Street is around 190km (about 1630hrs) - It costs £2.80

This means we should be back in Ormskirk by 1800hrs. I beleive there are roadworks on Great Howard Street, so we may have to take Waterloo Road/Regent Street for a little way to avoid them. I'm still looking into that.

As usual on a long ride, come prepared with enough to eat and drink, enough money for lunch and two cafe stops and enough innertubes to cover the inevitable punctures (although I think we only had one last year).

If there are any more questions or the link doesn't work- please drop me a line on Facebook /Twitter ( @Novomix30). 

See you all bright and early on Saturday morning

Post new comment