Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Diary dates for 2016 big days out

stevedepport's picture
on Fri, 05/02/2016 - 16:38

Dates for your diaries for some big day out rides during 2016, get earning those brownie points now. Most of the rides are A group but if anyone wants to lead a B or C group let us know. You can lead the same route or we can always find a way to shorten it a little if you prefer. Details of each ride will be posted nearer to the date.

28/2/16 - the Mallorca mob on an early attack on Great Dun Fell.

24/4/16 - Captains Big Day Out - a day to the Trough of Bowland, about 90-100miles.

22/5/16 - I will sort something, not sure where yet! Might to Great Dun Fell as it got washed out last year.

29/5/16 - Roman Road Sportif.

12/6/16 - C2C2C - details already posted on the forum by Neil Pollington.

24&25/6/16 - club weekend in Bala, (not actually in Bala, and not featuring the Bwlch y Groes).

10/7/16 - Mark Tich might plan a ride to replace the longest day ride which he can't do this year.

31/7/16 - Neil Poll is likely to sort a Lakeland Adventure.

14/8/16 -I will probably sort another Tour of Britain stage.

28/8/16 - Wild Wales.

4/9/16 - HMCC Road race?

11/9/16 - neil Poll Peak pedal.

For the moment, thats your lot. Have a great year on your bike, challenge yourself and do something outside your comfort zone!

Ian Gallagher's picture

I believe the Great Dun Fell ride is off 28/02 but NP is taking a ride to the Rake...assume details will go on the forum for none Face***k (insert your own) members? wink

stevedepport's picture

The Great Dun Fell ride planned for 28/2/16 is off.

I will run a ride to Great Dun Fell now on 22/5/16.

Not sure what is happening this weekend, 28/29th February. I will not be out on Sunday 29th to run a ride as I will be travelling on that day. I am sure Neil P will post something.

D N A's picture

Neil Pollington is planning to take a ride from the shop to the rake this Sunday. 75 miles in total I think. Normal meet time.

If you fancy something different the 312 crew are out on Saturday, 230km loop out from the shop, clockwise roughly towards Ashton in Makerfield, Lymm, Northwich, Chester then a loop of the Wirral peninsular before jumping the train across the river and riding back home. Cafe stop at around 90 miles. Idea being speed, distance and 'stopping distance' gradually increasing before the big day. 0830 at the shop.

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

Post new comment