Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

Club Trip 2016, yes 2016!

stevedepport's picture
on Tue, 21/07/2015 - 16:08

I have provisionally booked for Friday/Saturday 24/25th June 2016 at Foel Ortho again. I have the farmhouse (sleeps 16), the bunkhouse (sleeps 12) and the treehouse (sleeps 2).

http://www.farmhouseinwales.com/

Maximum 30 places, cost £60 per person. This will cover your accomodation and breakfast for the two days. All the usual rules apply -

1) Places are first come, first served. When they are gone they are gone.

2) Payment up front, £60 to the shop or my PayPal account - steve.depport@blueyonder.co.uk

3) If you have to drop out, you (we) will sell your place to someone else. There are no refunds.

4) My trip, my rules, this is a dictatorship, not a democracycheeky

Two places have already been taken, Craig Sneddon who paid up before I even had a date and me.

I need to pay a deposit to secure the booking so would appreciate some cash asap!

D N A's picture

Steve I've paid via PayPal. Let me know you've got the payment. I'll start banging the drum on Facebook once gain.

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

D N A's picture

Same script as this year I reckon. Get ourselves there early Friday for a blast round the lake to take that KOM then off to the pub for lunch! 

I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me. (Wreck-It Ralph, 2012)

stevedepport's picture

Five places gone already. Craig, Dave and myself plus The Edge and Ste 'hooligan' F.

I need to pay a £400 deposit to secure the booking, I have got £300 so far.

D N A's picture

I'm proposing a ride mida day Friday when we get there. A flying lap of Lake Vyrnwy (chainey style if we get the numbers!!!) and a few warm up hills before a ride to the pub fir some lunch and maybe a cold one or two!!! Who's up for it????

stevedepport's picture

Emma Brain has paid up. Will it be the Bwlch again?

stevedepport's picture

Colin Clark has paid up early because he missed out this year.

Secure your place early and then you can forget about it until next yearyes

D N A's picture

Steve I've set up the club trip events page on Facebook and invited everybody who's on the private club page. Hopefully we'll get some early interest. Drum banging well and truly commenced!!!

D N A's picture

11people on the Facebook page stating they are going on the trip but not many have handed over the cash to secure their place. Reminder made!!

stevedepport's picture

John Pout and David Roe have now secured their places for the 2016 trip, that is nine takers so far. I know it seems early but that is a third of the number from last year.

Book your place now! Save me the stress of worrying that I don't get enough takers, lets fill all the places before Christmas.yes

D N A's picture

Banging the drum on Facebook!!

D N A's picture

Steve, Sarah Fitzpatrick has dropped her money in at the shop fo your collection as and when. 

stevedepport's picture

With Sarah paying up that is 10 places taken. She took QOM on the Bwlch last year.......will we tackle it again in 2016 or not?wink

stevedepport's picture

Craig Nickson has now paid for his place.yes

D N A's picture

11 people have paid and committed to next years club trip so far. Set a cycling goal, something to aim for or just a weekend to look forward to. A top weekend of cycling in the beautiful Welsh hills!! With a little bit of banter thrown in to the mix as well lol.
Money to Steve Depport via the shop or Paypal. #supportyourclub

D N A's picture

A little birdie tells me JP is joining us, money getting dropped off at the shop this weekend for Steve D. Oooooosh!

D N A's picture

JP has paid and you've hopefully received his payment via PayPal Steve. 12 takers to date. ;-)

stevedepport's picture

Paul Hargreaves has paid up, Mark Titch has paid half and JP did pay up via PayPal.

14 places now taken.

Time to take this seriously now people and book your place asap. We always end up with a few people staying somewhere else and then joining us for the rides. I think you miss out on so much by not being with the main group at the farmhouse. It's all about being away for the weekend together, book your place NOW!

stevedepport's picture

Craig Sneddon, Dave Atkinson, James Edge, Ste Francis, Emma Brain, Colin Clark, John Pout, David Roe, Sarah Fitzpatrick, Craig Nickson, Jonathon Parkinson, Paul Hargreaves, Mark Titchenor and lastly me.

£60 will get you 2 nights accomodation, breakfast, some great riding and more banter than anyone needs.

Book your place now.

stevedepport's picture

Anyone stuck for what to buy you?

Let them buy you a weekend of cycling! Sorry but I don't do gift vouchers.

stevedepport's picture

Darren Rigby is the first person to spend some of the money found in his Christmas cards, becoming the fifteenth taker for the club trip.

Book your place asap, when they have gone, they've gone!

stevedepport's picture

After 2 years of tackling the Bwlch y groes, it is time for a change. I will look at some different routes, if anyone has any suggestions for places to visit, let me know. Saturdays plan will be the same as previous years, a good social, day long ride,a couple of stops and back to base about 4pm. Sunday will be about a 3 hour ride from Bala, including a cafe stop, after we have checked out of the farmhouse.

There will be two groups each day, at least, we can always have more. The weekend is about a good social weekend on the bikes, the rides are much more relaxed than the Sunday morning rides. There is no pressure to get back to see the family/cut the grass/walk the dog/etc,etc. We can just enjoy some great riding through brilliant countryside.

Get your places booked asap.yes

D N A's picture

Steve, I'll be looking to take a ride on the Friday for anybody who fancy's getting there early and having a spin. It will be the same as Craig Sneddon, Paul Hargreaves and myself did last year. A ride out from the bunkhouse down to the lake, a flying fast chain gang style pacy lap round the lake (to bag the KOM we nearly claimed last year!) before heading out over a few little lumps to a nice pub for a bite to eat and a few beers. We'll then have a gentle ride back to catch up with everybody else.

stevedepport's picture

Darren Prout has booked his place, sixteen takers, make sure you don't miss out!

craig s's picture

That was a great impromptu run last year Dave - maybe best we try and avoid the offroad section back to the bunk house after three pints this year?

Ian Gallagher's picture

2nd squirrel just sent you some money Steve yes

D N A's picture

Craig those post beer 'tracks' made that afternoon even more enjoyable lol. Definitely up for the same again as long as your ok with getting there early doors again for another nice lake loop and pub lunch! 

Steve D. I think a few may be up for an early arrival Friday and heading out on the ride which I'm going to take. I hope it will be ok with Eddie if we arrive early just to dump cars then head straight out on the ride, it's what we did last year with no issues. Guaranteed a bunk in the bunkhouse then lol. I'll reserve you one I promise!!

Ian Gallagher's picture

Dave..what time is early?

stevedepport's picture

I don't think Eddie will have a problem with the early arrival and I will take that reserved bunk tooyes

D N A's picture

Take it as done lol, talk on Thursday if you're going the club meeting. 

D N A's picture

Hoping to ride out from the clubhouse around 12:00/13:00 Friday if you fancy it.

stevedepport's picture

Stuart Smith has paid his £60 to bring the numbers up to 18.

I am aware of another 4 people who tell me they will be booking so the numbers could fill up soon.

Make sure you get your place, book it nowyes

stevedepport's picture

Steve Nelson has paid up and will be joining us in Walesyes

stevedepport's picture

Gemma & Inder will also be joining us in Wales.

Just 9 places left!

stevedepport's picture

John Houghton has paid to join our Welsh wheeled weekend.

8 places left, after that you will just have to live with your regrets for not acting soonercryingcryingcrying

stevedepport's picture

There are still up to 8 places to be had. 

You can drop the money at the shop or send it me via Paypal.

stevedepport's picture

Arrival - you can check in from 4pm Friday 24th. Rooms are on a first come, first served basis with a couple of exceptions. These exceptions are the Master Bedroom (Gemma & Inder), the Treehouse (Emma & Sarah). Many bedrooms have double beds so you might want to bring a sleeping bag to keep yourself pure.

The Bunkhouse has plenty of mattresses but you will need to bring a sleeping bag and a pillow.

Parking - parking can be tight so car sharing helps a lot. If we have too many cars we will have to park some at the top of the lane.

Departure - we need to be out by 10am Sunday 26th. The plan would be to drive to Bala, park in the car park behind the Fire Station and go for a ride of about 3 hours, back to Bala then home late afternoon.

Meals - I will provide all the basics for breakfast and lots of bananas, tea, coffee, milk, creals, bread, bacon, eggs, etc. I have booked the Bistro Bar at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Friday & Saturday nights for 7.30pm.

Depending on Englands result tonight there might be a match at 5pm on Saturday, which would be shown at the bar in the hotel. There is no TV at the farmhouse. It may be that we want to start the rides earlier than 9pm on the Saturday? If anyone is planning to join us for a day out on Saturday they will need to watch the forum/facebook for start times.

I have had 22 bookings, although a couple might not actually make the weekend. With the numbers being down I am short of what I have paid for the weekend. The cost of the farmhouse was £1,400 and I have had £1,320 (22 x £60). I still need to buy the basic food so if everyone can give me another £10 that should cover everything. It will be easier to collect the money when we are there. That will make it £70 per person which is still good value.

stevedepport's picture

I have planned a few routes for the weekend and we can split into groups as we want. Saturday is a day long ride, whichever route with at least one cafe stop, you are free to stop as often as you like. Sunday is planned as a ride from Bala, once we have left the farmhouse.

Barmouth - 90 miles, 8,300ft - west to the coast, cafe stop on the harbour at Bath House Cafe, Barmouth 38 miles. Possible second cafe stop at Bala Lake railway Station in LLanuwchllyn approx 69 miles.

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4333074.html

Horseshoe Pass - 73m 7,800ft - cafe stop at Adloniant Maelor entertainment venue in Cerrigydrudion at 46m. This place has a cinema downstairs as well!

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4299058.html

stevedepport's picture

I have had to split these because the spam filter didn't seem to like too many links.

Horseshoe plus - 82m 8,400ft - adds The Shelf & Penbarra from the Top 100 climbs. Cafe stop in Sevenoaks Garden Centre, Ruthin at 42m.

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4299196.html

Sunday route - Back of Bwlch & Hirnant - 34m 3,500ft - up the easier side of the Bwlch and back to Bala vis the Hirnant Valley. Cafe stop in Bala if you want one.

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4299151.html

Three choices of route for Saturday and just the one for Sunday. Just a decision about start time on the Saturday if we want to give extra time to get back for the match at 5pm.

Post new comment