Skip directly to content
  • Harry Says “Just get on my wheel and you will be alright!”
  • Harry Says “Put in an extra loop down the coast road”
  • Harry Says “Ride your bike!”
  • Harry Says “Just a steady 2 to 3 hours”

NOTICE: User accounts and passwords

Due to a recent website update, you may experience issues logging into your user account. If you do, please try resetting your password

Website improvements are on the way. Please stay calm and patient. smiley

LEJOGLE World Record Attempt - w/c 14th June 2015

stevedepport's picture
on Mon, 08/06/2015 - 15:01

One of our original club members, and club sponsor, Steve Hodge of Towers Building Services is to attemp to set a new world record for LEJOGLE starting on Sunday 14th June. He announced this attempt at the club dinner back in January. I appreciate that many of you may not really know him as after having been around the club since the early days he moved into the rarefied world of ultra endurance riding.

Take a look at this for a schedule -

Sunday 14th - Set off from Lands End (stay overnight in Wolverhampton)

Monday 15th - set off from Wolverhampton (stay overnight in Edinburgh)

Tuesday 16th - set off from Edinburgh to arrive at John o Groats (stay in Wick)

Wednesday 17th - set off from Wick (stay in Edinburgh)

Thursday 18th - set off from Edinburgh (stay in Wolverhampton)

Friday 19th - set off from Wolverhampton

Saturday 20th - arrive at Lands End (before 6.08am)

On the road each morning @9.00am, ride until 5.00am the following day and repeat!  You have got to love the simplicity of that instruction!

The current world record is 5 days 21 hours 8 minutes for 1,880 miles.

You can follow his attempt on twitter @LEJOGLEWRA This should become the source of all information as the attempt happens. There may be some live tracking if they can get it set up.

He is planning on a 15mph average including stops, so 100 miles will take about 6 hours.

He would welcome anyone who wants to ride with him, particularly on the trip south as the prevailing winds at this time of the year are southerly. That could mean a headwind from John o Groats to lands End!

Let me know if you are interested in joining in.

At the very least follow him on twitter and retweet the world.

Lawrence Forrest's picture

I can make myself available for the Edinburgh Wolverhampton leg Steve on Thursday 18th.

if you let me know the route and times I could get the train up and meet up along the route somewhere.

Lawrence

stevedepport's picture

Lawrence, give me a call 07753 496966 and we can have a chat. I am thinking of travelling up to Penrith on the Thursday to cycle back home with him. He plans to leave Edinburgh at 9am and is looking to cover 100 miles in 6 hours. The route is main roads, the A6 and A49 from Carlisle. I think the plan is the A74 from Edinburgh to Carlisle but I will check.

Post new comment